Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ella Houdini!

I learned the other day that they call her "Houdini Baby" at preschool.  They said she can work her way out of a high chair in no time at all!  We noticed that ability at home too, but nothing could prepare us for her most recent disappearing act!  The "Exer-saucer" is the greatest child-containment device ever invented.  No child has ever escaped its grasp since being commissioned for child restraint years ago.  The toys and bright colors are there to make the device look fun and friendly, but make no mistake about it; the real purpose of this device is to keep children restricted to an area while parents attend to daily chores and seek a moment's rest.

Well, Ella was in her seat while Holly was cooking and I was putting a new picture into the family photo frame.  I looked up to check on her and she was GONE!  Vanished!!!  I located her elsewhere in the living room and told Holly, "I didn't know you took her out of the exer-saucer."

"I didn't!" replied Holly.

We have no live visual evidence, but based on the scene, I'd say she pulled herself over the side and landed safely upon the purple bean bag as she made her escape.  I bet she did it like those covert ops special forces do in the movies... all diving and somersaulting and stuff.  We may need to call in local detectives to recreate the scene and look for additional evidence.

No comments: